A commercial roofing installer works as part of a high-energy crew to complete a professional installation of a commercial roof system. These roof systems may include modern single-ply systems including EPDM, TPO and PVC roof systems as well as steep sloped systems including metal and asphalt shingles.
We provide training to help you build your skills in the roofing industry! Experience in the installation and repair of roof systems is a bonus but is not necessary.
Commercial roofing installers work as part of a dynamic crew to complete steps needed to professionally install watertight roof systems. Depending on experience, the installer may manage specific tasks on the project site or may support the crew in the completion of the project. Most
Roofing Foremen and Roof Service Technicians received their start in the industry as a roofing installer.
Depending on prior experience, the commercial roofing installer may be called on to:
- Help set-up project sites including material loads, equipment loads and project staging.
- Assist in the removal and disposal of debris created during the roof removal process.
- Maintain the project site in a safe, clean and orderly condition.
- Moving materials on project sites during staging and throughout the course of the project.
- Install roofing products into completed assemblies.
- Drive trucks and equipment to project sites.
- Operate equipment and tools to remove and install products.
The commercial roofing installer may have the opportunity to grow their skills and knowledge by:
- Observing how project sites are managed and continue to learn and build their personal skills.
- Learning how to maintain and operate tools and equipment needed to complete projects.
- Learning how to create a safe project site.
- Building their understanding of how materials are chosen and how roof systems go together to build and repair commercial roof systems.
- Developing a working knowledge of OSHA standards and requirements.
- Learning how to work together as a team to accomplish project goals.
The roofing industry delivers an essential service to the community. Maintaining a roof system in watertight condition is especially important to our customers in times like these.
Build your future by joining a well-respected commercial roofing company with over 45 years experience protecting buildings and structures.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- 50% (Preferred)
- On the road
Typical start time:
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma